So you want to use Carrd icons without links? But when you try to remove a link from an icon, it will not let you?
The problem with Carrd icons and links
Carrd has an element called icons. It lets you add one or more nicely styled icons to your site. And for each icon it wants a link URL. So on desktop computers, when the icon is hovered it has a pointer cursor. And for when tapping/clicking the icon it will take users to that URL.
The problem: you can’t really use icons for decorational purposes like this. They would still look and be clickable. But there is a solution for using icons without link URLs.
How to use Carrd’s icon element without links
The solution is pretty simple. Instead of entering a URL or # or something else, enter
When you type this for the URL of the icon’s link, it will
- not show the pointing hand cursor when hovering on desktop
- it will not be clickable/tappable
Here’s what it looks like in the settings:
That’s all. This is how easy it is to remove links from icons in Carrd.
More from Zite
We offer the largest collection of professional Carrd templates you’ll find on the web. All of them are mobile responsive, fully customizable. We have templates for all kinds of different niches and uses. You can also browse them by appearance, for example dark themed or light themed and colorful Carrd templates.
On our Carrd blog we post tips and trick about how to use Carrd . We tell you everything we know about making awesome websites in Carrd.
We also offer a Carrd Tutorial that teaches you all the basics and advanced website editing techniques. Again, we are sharing erverything we know about how to make great looking websites.
Looking for someone to build a site for you? Have a task bigger than you can tackle? Need some assistance setting up your site or launching it? Contact us and we’ll work something out. Or maybe our flat rate offer for a website design is what you are looking for?
The latest from the blog
- How to create columns with rounded corners in CarrdRounded corners for pricing tables, feature cards, testimonial cards You are building a pricing table or card elements in your Carrd.co website? Here’s a step by step guide that will…
- Quick tip: How to use Carrd icons without linksSo you want to use Carrd icons without links? But when you try to remove a link from an icon, it will not let you? The problem with Carrd icons…
- Element styles in Carrd – Why and how to use themIn this article: What are Carrd ‘element styles’? Carrd styles allow you to reuse styling settings on multiple elements really easily. If you know CSS you can think of Styles…